This season the over 65’s will be offered a Flu vaccine, plus the addition of the Covid Vaccine from early October till 15 Dec 2023.
Anyone who is under 65 will be offered both, if eligible
· those aged 65 years and over (previous years were for over 50s)
· those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups (as defined by the Green Book, chapter 19 (Influenza))
· pregnant women
· all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2023 ( Separate vaccine due mid-September)
· primary school aged children (from Reception to Year 6)
· those in long-stay residential care homes
· carers in receipt of carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an elderly or disabled person
· close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
· frontline workers in a social care setting without an employer led occupational health scheme including those working for a registered residential care or nursing home, registered domiciliary care providers, voluntary managed hospice providers and those that are employed by those who receive direct payments (personal budgets) or Personal Health budgets, such as Personal Assistants
We will be contacting patients from the end of August onwards, we will be sending messages, links to book online, calling carers, and emailing as necessary to help you get booked in.
The autumn Covid Vaccination programme begins in October as deliveries arrive:
Our proposed Joint Vaccination (Flu & Covid) Clinics are:
We will be offering Flu ONLY from mid-September to early October, these will be clinics during the day when both practises are already open.
These can be booked by telephone between the hours of 11 and 4pm Tuesday to Friday