The NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of services on your smartphone or tablet. It is free from app stores. You need to be 16 or over to use the NHS COVID Pass service and registered with an NHS GP practice in England.
The NHS App should not be confused with the NHS COVID-19 App which offers the fastest way to see if you’re at risk from coronavirus.
Use the NHS App to:
- get your NHS COVID Pass – view and share for domestic use or travel abroad
- order repeat prescriptions
- book appointments
- get health advice
- view your health record
- register your organ donation decision
You will need a working mobile phone and email address to be able to create a login.
Downloading the NHS App on a mobile device:
- Open the App Store or Play Store.
- Search for ‘NHS App’ and select install.
- After installing, select the app to open it.
Registering onto the NHS App on a mobile device:
- Enter your email address and select ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Continue’ to set up a new NHS login.
- To create an account you will need to know your NHS number or name, date of birth and postcode. Select ‘Continue’ if you know this information.
- Create a password and select ‘Continue’.
- A code will be sent to your email address to confirm who you are.
- Enter your mobile number. You will be sent a security number via text to confirm your mobile number.
- Once your registration is complete, you will be asked if you are happy to share your details from your GP Surgery with the NHS App – choose ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ and select ‘Continue’.
Logging into the NHS App on a mobile device:
- Enter your email address and select ‘Continue’ (Image A below).
- Enter your password.
Get your pass
View or share your COVID-19 status on a mobile device:
- Open the ‘NHS App’ by selecting it.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Select ‘Get your NHS COVID Pass’.
- Select ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Domestic or Travel’ (Image B below).
- You now have the option to view your QR code or:
- Download a copy – Select and print or ‘save to files’
- Receive an offline copy by email – Simply ‘click and confirm’
- If you select ‘Travel’ you have the option to ‘Show details’
- You will see a QR code which you can present when asked. (Image C below)
If you don’t have access to a computer or smartphone and have been fully vaccinated, you can call 119 for a copy of the NHS COVID Pass letter.
It can take up to 5 working days for your letter to reach you.
If you have any further questions visit www.nhs.uk or call 119.